[Noisebridge-discuss] Cool talks from SHA2017

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Thu Aug 10 14:58:09 UTC 2017

Howdy, all,

SHA2017, the hacker camp in the Netherlands, has just concluded and
already most of the talks are online at https://media.ccc.de/c/SHA2017.
There are a *lot* of talks available - but here are a few I particularly
enjoyed.

* Tal Melamed discussing the Bluetooth Low Energy protocol and its
security properties: https://media.ccc.de/v/SHA2017-230-hack-a-ble
* An introduction to USB sniffing and spoofing:
https://media.ccc.de/v/SHA2017-221-facedancer_2_0
* A playful attempt at building fiber optics with edible materials:
https://media.ccc.de/v/SHA2017-142-from_glass_fiber_to_fiber_glass_noodles
* Bert Hubert, renowned DNS expert, schools us on DNA:
https://media.ccc.de/v/SHA2017-31-dna_the_code_of_life (there are no
typos in this statement)
* "How I made my diesel motorcycle":
https://media.ccc.de/v/SHA2017-310-how_i_made_my_diesel_motorcycle
* How LED lights really work:
https://media.ccc.de/v/SHA2017-218-let_there_be_light
* "The art of creating an escape room":
https://media.ccc.de/v/SHA2017-322-the_art_of_creating_an_escape_room

Plenty more talks, but these tickled my fancy. Oh, and I watch them all
at 1.25 speed. Ain't nobody got time for that.

--Casey