[Noisebridge-discuss] [sudo-discuss] digitizing old stool slides

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 21:21:39 UTC 2017

I assume that was meant to read "old school" slides - not slides of stool
samples?

Most "old school" film processing centers have slide scanning services.
Costco charges 32 cents per slide, for example:

http://www.costcodvd.com/services_and_pricing-slides.aspx

Even the Walgreens near us likely has a service to digitize all sorts of
media including slides to DVD, although they seem to charge 59 cents/photo:

http://www.walgreensdvdtransfer.com/DVD-transfer-pricing.htm

If you prefer to DIY the whole process, this youtube video shows a nice
setup, using a camera, $5 slide viewer, and an improvised light box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF9wwtY7pg0

Patrik