[Noisebridge-discuss] [manylabs-workspace] Re: digitizing old stool slides

Stephen Calnan asciimo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 17:11:56 UTC 2017

Update on my Nikon CoolScan IV. The original Nikon software won't run on
modern OSes. But there are two contenders: SilverFast
(http://www.silverfast.com/) and VueScan (https://www.hamrick.com/).
Both have demo versions and I'm happy to try them out on your slides.
(I'm already partial to VueScan because it has a Linux version, but some
say that SilverFast can achieve superior results.) Would you like to
meet at NB sometime next week to try these out?