[Noisebridge-discuss] Unmeeting Minutes 2016-12-13

Zach R organicunity at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 6 21:03:53 UTC 2017

Thanks for these awesome meeting notes Drew.

I haven't been at the space lot for health reasons, but I have noticed the donations we get these days are miniscule.  It's really sad, because I think a lot of this "reverse theft" ideology (which is bogus IMO, not at all the same thing) is scaring people away from donating quality items to the space.  We hardly get any donations now, which means there is far less to hack and teach people about.

a couple things that might help though:
1) the name on the e waste box by elevator no longer picks up.  dont waste your time.

2) theres a place on 16th street (between mission and s van ness) called eWasteSF that will take pretty much anything for free.  Don't tell them you are from an organization though and don't bring CRTs there.  But they take computers and a bunch else.  I'm down to help donate towards a fund for anything they might charge for.

**I updated the NB wiki for e waste pickups a while ago.  I lost the link though but its there on the main page somewhere (anyone wanna post it?)

3) no one has emptied the e-waste by the elevator in like...6 months?  I understand it's an eyesore, but I think once/6 months to recycle some stuff is not so bad (imo).  I can't help with this because of my disability, otherwise I would be right up there dragging stuff away.  I'm down to organize around it though, and like I said, donate towards the cause.  I do think it is unfair to paint noisebridge as this huge donation waste problem though when it isn't..  we get about 1/10 the donations we got from say 2010-2012.  and it was managed well and *super* useful when we got items in the space before.  sad to see how little comes in now.

4) the organization system does seem to be working really well for the hacker shelves right now.  shout out to scotty for putting a lot of work in there.

Lastly, I want to say THANK YOU for those that made the bathroom wheelchair accessible recently.  **MOST EXCELLENT**

-Zach