[Noisebridge-discuss] Scroll Saw

John Brady johnbrady93 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 07:18:54 UTC 2017

Hey friends,

Been to NB only a couple times, but I wanted to see if there was any
interest in getting a scroll saw for the space. I need one to do some
interior cuts in 1/2 inch plywood and don’t really want to bother with a
CNC or laser cutter. A router COULD work, but as I understand it a scroll
saw is a better tool for the job. I’m trying to make a PC case out of wood,
which requires cuts to be made for PCI slots, a PSU, fans, buttons and
ports, ventilation, and the motherboard I/O plate.

Anyway, before I pulled the trigger on buying a scroll saw I wanted to
check to see if anybody knew if there’s one already in the space, and to
see if anybody else has any use for one. I’m considering something like
this:
https://www.amazon.com/Rockwell-RK7315-Shop-16-Inch-Scroll/dp/B002CJLUYW/

As a side note, I would also want to use the table saw to work on this
project. Are there any sort of quiet hours or permissions to operate or
anything to consider when visiting and looking to use the woodworking
equipment?

Thanks so much, and I’ll be seeing you soon!
Best,
John

P.S. I see a lot of mention of discussions on Slack in the mailing list.
How can I join up?