[Noisebridge-discuss] no RFID access for disabled members

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Tue May 23 05:48:26 UTC 2017

On 21 May 2017 at 14:20, Zach R <organicunity at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hey NBers,
>
>   I noticed the RFID access has been removed from the elevator gate again
> (upstairs).  this makes it so disabled NB members with wheelchairs cannot
> access the space.....would anyone be willing to put the sensor back in
> place?

Alright, the RFID reader is back in place (it is missing a case, but
it is working).
The strike was in a sad state as it seemed to have been painted over
it recently - so paint was inside, blocking the mechanism. I've made a
new strike out of this and some other one, also using a coil with a
slightly higher resistance so that the power supply is not falling
over every time it operates that lock.

-h