[Noisebridge-discuss] COMPLAINT Re: Laser approval? HOPE FOR HELP

Zach R organicunity at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 1 05:07:59 UTC 2017

"Is there a way to sign up using the
noisebridge.net web site?
    I miss the olde days when noisebridge's
home-brew pages were the sole access; now
we've got Slack and Meetup, and for some
reasons Facebook and Google as adjuncts.
    I find access unnecessarily messy. help."

^Agreed.  I think it is sad that an awesome DIY hackerspace has become so heavily reliant on outsourced technologies from companies that have terrible privacy practices and other severe violations.  It is messy and decentralized (not in the good way) and creates a hierarchy between those who have access to these new technologies and those who do not.

Fortunately myself and a couple others read the list and can respond.  I've also been putting some work into the wiki to make it nicer.
Thanks Trent for stepping in and helping.

-Zach