[Noisebridge-discuss] EWindow project tour from Europe

Lorenza Salati lorenza at bigmagma.it
Tue Apr 24 22:38:01 UTC 2018

Dear Noisebridge hackerspace community,
Me and Giulio from Italy are currently in California/Nevada for a
discovering trip of hackerspaces, and other kind of shared community spaces
based on exchange of skills and knowledges.

We founded this project : ewindow.org

The EWindow is an electronic window open 24 hours a day on another space,
as if it were the extension of the room, allowing a two-way audio and video
communication in real time.
It has basic user interface and it doesn’t have mouse, keyboard, or other
functions. It’s just a “window” in a wall.
The EWindow is:
1. OPEN SOURCE
2. DECENTRALIZED
3. FREE
In the last two years strytfy developed the software. We are currently
testing it in Italy and Germany: it is on GitHub and the image for the
raspby can be downloaded here: http://ewindow.org/software.html

We think the Ewindow could be a great tool to connect West Coast shared
spaces and we strongly believe this is a tool currently needed to connect
the movement on a daily basis.

It would be for us a great pleasure to present the project to you.

We will be in San Josè from April 28 to Mai 2.
Maybe the weekly meeting on Tuesday night is the right spot for it, is it
having place on Mai 1 ?

Please let us know what do you think.

All the Best
Lorenza and Giulio from Italy/Germany.