[Noisebridge-discuss] Add a hardware killswitch to Thinkpads?

Steve Phillips steve at tryingtobeawesome.com
Sun Apr 29 02:26:15 UTC 2018

Hey hackers,

Someone came by one of my privacy hackathons and asked how hard it would be
to create a hardware kill switch for a Thinkpad's mic, webcam, bluetooth,
and wifi.  Any ideas?  We've researched it a bit and didn't find much,
though one person in Slack suggested "scratching some PCB", but I'm hoping
there's something less invasive we could feasibly do.

Any pointers would be much-appreciated.  Thanks!

--Steve