[Noisebridge-discuss] PC Diagnosis-What am I missing?

Trent Robbins robbintt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 01:35:45 UTC 2018

My first take on this is that your PSU at 430W is on the edge, but I
noticed that the max draw for your GPU is only 60W.

I had intermittent outages on a PC that were obviously from power. I would
be playing skyrim and after 15 minutes the computer would shut off and the
screen would go black.

Another issue for intermittent power off is cpu overheat. You can download
software from AMD to track the CPU temperature.

I had this happen to me and needed to replace the CPU fan/heat sink which
was not removing enough heat. I have literally zip tied a 3.5" fan onto the
stock heat sink to fix this.

Trent

(Sent from cellphone)