[Noisebridge-discuss] Plastic Manufacturing for Hardware Startups -- October 20th

Ruth Grace Wong ruthgracewong at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 06:27:16 UTC 2018

Hi all,
The early bird $75 registration is extended until Sunday October 7th.

I've been sick this week so i haven't been able to reach out to other
places to let them know about the class, so I'm extending the early bird
price deadline so that everyone has a week from when the emails go out.

Ruth

----------

Are you manufacturing something with plastic? How much do you expect to pay
for your molds? $10,000? Maybe even $100,000? If you are a startup and
don't have the capital or the volumes to justify expensive plastic molds,
manufacturing out of sheet acrylic might be the answer for you.

Myself (Ruth) and Rik are running a sheet acrylic manufacturing workshop.
We make the whole process accessible, from teaching joints/cutting/bending
to sharing local prototyping contacts and hosting a 30 minute Q&A with a
Chinese contract manufacturer. The workshop is from 9:30AM to 12:30PM on
May 5th at the NoisebridgeHackerspace, and costs $85:
*https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/events/254812336/
<https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/events/254812336/>*

Feel free to contact me at ruthgracewong at gmail.com if you have any questions
Best,