[Noisebridge-discuss] Discussion: the meaning of Safe Space

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 02:36:53 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 6:08 PM Naomi Most <pnaomi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does “safe space” mean “freedom from discomfort”?
>
> This discussion cannot take place on Slack because it causes discomfort. So I am asking the question here.
>
> I would like to hear from the widest variety of perspectives on this one.  It is pertinent to the community conversation we are having tomorrow at 6pm at Noisebridge.

I've asked many times in person to join the Noisebridge slack but
nobody has been able to add me. If you're going to bring conversations
from there to here, it would help if you give more background and
context. Because these emails just feel really cryptic. I can use my
imagination, but I shouldn't have to.

IMO you can't reduce these things to platonic ideals or abstract
definitions, so this just doesn't feel like a good place to start.