[Noisebridge-discuss] Collecting individual statements: what happened, in your words?

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 09:03:35 UTC 2018

> On Oct 7, 2018, at 4:04 PM, Kate Krauss <katie at critpath.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks for this information. Did you make any decisions at the meeting?

I decided to go to Monterey for the weekend.

> Is there a reason we need to hear everyone’s grievances on email (a bad format for decision making)?

As Matt pointed out, this is just being done over private channels (email or Signal according to individual preference).

But if someone wants to post their statement publicly, who am I to question them?  This isn’t a dictatorship.

> What was the gist of people’s complaints?

Er… which people, specifically?  I agree with Matt that this question would be better posed as a separate thread with a targeted audience in mind.

> What change needs to happen?

One particular change was discussed: an “Oh Shit” rule for Membership.

The idea is that, after someone goes on the record as becoming a Member, we post the meeting notes (which should contain the new member’s name or IRC handle or ICQ number or whatever), and then there’s one week thereafter for people to go “oh, shit, I didn’t realize that person was up for membership” and submit a block.

This isn’t something that HAS changed or that has been discussed with enough rigor to understand whether it should change.  It would need to be a formal Consensus item to take effect.

I hope this answers some of your questions while leaving some of your other questions flippantly dangling in the wind.   :-D

Cheers,
Naomi