[Noisebridge-discuss] Reasons we ask ppl to leave

Trent Robbins robbintt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 19:08:19 UTC 2018

Sure, I can do my best to try to explain my viewpoint.

I think I would have left off the phrasing at the beginning of the sentence
with the "we" and "you" language: *"Y’all realize... we actually installed"*

Since you asked for a rephrase, I'm happy to oblige:
"The original purpose of the chrome machines was as a public service for
no-questions-asked surveillance-free internet usage for anyone."

When I read the original message from you, I feel like it's really loaded
with implication that things are deviating from their "intended permanent
course" from past contributors who no longer participate.

As I understand it, in 2013, there was a big issue with "governance from
afar" and "swooping in from Berlin" that made it difficult to remove the
"old way of doing things".  It's great that we have moved beyond that and
are able to do-ocratically (adhocratically) sweep away the old.

The people who I know that come to Noisebridge are really thoughtful
participants and seek to create a place that is both useful and fun, and
that follows the principles of do-ocracy and consensus.

Trent