[Noisebridge-discuss] short message from Mitch

andy mcmurry mcmurry.andy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 02:54:58 UTC 2018

>From the first public appearance of Chelsea Manning since prison to the
last 10 years of leadership, we appreciate all you have done , Mitch, to
foster a community of equality, open dialog, and inclusivity.

>From the first building to the present, through the reboot and through
countless fundraisers, 5moF speeches, through setting up spaces everywhere
hacktavist ethos blooms, the world over owes you thanks.

In a world increasingly plagued by xenophobia and the fear of losing
control, you have shown us time and time again the model of leadership —
doacracy, humility, and standing up for what you believe.

Never once did you ever assert your founder status as a privilege to
override a discussion — even when sometimes it seemed like the expedient
thing to do — you taught us it is better to accomplish your goals with your
ethics in tact than win by billy pulpit . Thank you for teaching us all
these years, we will never forget.

Noisebridge must now reflect what it means to have lost such an excellent
doer, activist, community builder. We wish you well on your new mission,
even if not with us.

Thank you Mitch !