[Noisebridge-discuss] Vacuum-pump oil

Ben Kovitz bkovitz at indiana.edu
Mon Feb 25 18:05:53 UTC 2019

One of the vacuum pumps for the Best Value Vac vacuum chambers in the Dirty Shop is now at its minimum level of oil. Does anyone know where vacuum-pump oil is or should be stored at Noisebridge?

If we don't have any, I'd be happy to buy us a bottle. But we should know where to store it, so the next person doesn't buy an unnecessary bottle and store it where no one can find it, and so on and so on.

Ben
http://mypage.iu.edu/~bkovitz/

P.S. I googled and found that there really is a distinct product called vacuum-pump oil. Among other properties, it's engineered to "demulsify" well: when moisture bubbles get mixed into it ("emulsified"), as easily happens when pumping out a vacuum, it unmixes by itself.