[Noisebridge-discuss] Safe Space

Sparr sparr0 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 08:33:46 UTC 2019

There have been long discussions about what a "safe space" is. People have
been asked to leave and otherwise ostracized for wanting to have those
discussions.

In my experience, the people calling for such a space are usually using it
to mean "a space where everyone is protected from being made uncomfortable,
except due to ejection for the purpose of making someone else less
uncomfortable", which has many undesirable side effects not least of which
is giving preference to whoever announces their discomfort first/loudest.