[Noisebridge-discuss] Favorite soldering surface tops

Alex (Merlin) Glow alex.glowaski at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 01:37:11 UTC 2019

I ordered a couple of silicone baking mats for our office, and they work
quite well. They don’t exactly  *like* a lot of directly applied heat, but
still look pretty nice after ~2 years. Solder splats just fall off when you
shake them into the garbage.
I later discovered that they sell these specifically for electronics, with
raised wells for keeping small parts corralled.

Solid option if you want a nice video background, but obviously not an
integrated table surface if that’s what you’re looking for.

- merlin

--
diy electronics and more ☆ alexglow.com
my favorite hardware projects ☆ hackster.io/alexs-faves