[Noisebridge-discuss] Sunlight may disinfect.

Sean Purser-Haskell sean.purserhaskell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 03:34:47 UTC 2019

I left because, as a conservative, I did not feel physically safe getting
deeply into my projects in the space, and thus leaving my guard down to
physical attack. I have two small children, and I can’t afford to risk my
health.

On the day of the bike lock attack in Berkeley, I saw several black clad
people come in and take off masks. I recognized one as a regular who was
often around when I was. This individual had previously asked me if I could
help them with access to firearms in a way that made me uncomfortable. So I
went on Slack and asked if they would affirm that they would not use
political violence in the space. They refused, implied I might be a Nazi,
and banned me from Slack.

I took the hint, grabbed my project materials from the space, and have not
been back since.

Noisebridge is a cool space and I wish I was welcome.

That’s the simple truth, Sean