[Noisebridge-discuss] Using the National Weather Radio to calibrate SDR-dongles?

Andreas Hornig andreas.hornig at aerospaceresearch.net
Wed Dec 30 00:02:46 UTC 2020

Hi adrian,

nice to read you.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 12:36 AM Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Those are all FM stations, so there's 24/7 people saying stuff on it.
>
> So if you want to calibrate against them, you "just" need to find the
> carrier frequency, which is easiest when they're not talking. :-)

yes, a record of both would be cool to get. I want to try to apply an algo
to find the center frequency. that is your "just" part. I need to have a
sample to try.
best case szenario would be to have several of these stations within the
2MHz tuned window of that recording.

I don't know how much they usually talk and how much is silence. But one
recording with several changes would be useful.

best regards,

Andreas
(dh0rn)