[Noisebridge-discuss] Call for Google Summer of Code 2020 with AerospaceResearch.net

Andreas Hornig andreas.hornig at aerospaceresearch.net
Thu Mar 19 18:32:24 UTC 2020

Dear Noisebridge people,

Do you want to code open-source space with us during Google Summer of Code
2020?
Be our Summer Student and code your open-source space projects. You get
paid stipends. The Call for GSOC 2020 is now open!

Together, we as AerospaceResearch.net, Ksat-Stuttgart (University of
Stuttgart) and EP2Lab (Carlos III University of Madrid) are proud to be
selected as official mentoring organizations for the Summer of Code 2020
(GSOC) program run by Google.
And we are now looking for students to spend their summers coding on great
open-source space software, getting paid by Google, releasing scientific
papers about their projects and supporting the open-source space community
by useful programmes.

Are you a student? You have time until March 31, 2020, to apply for various
coding ideas to work on, or you can bring your own!

More info and registration:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/?sp-page=4#6300120661884928

Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is a global program that matches students up
with open source, free software and technology-related organizations to
write code and get paid to do it! The organizations provide mentors who act
as guides through the entire process, from learning about the community to
contributing code. The idea is to get students involved in and familiar
with the open source community and help them to put their summer break to
good use.

What is Google Summer of Code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6IP_6HG2QE

Accepted students gain exposure to real-world open-source software
development and employment opportunities in areas related to their academic
pursuits. This program has brought together thousands of students and
mentors from over 118 countries worldwide. As of December 2018, 651 open
source projects, from areas as diverse as operating systems and community
services, have participated as mentoring organizations for the program.
Successful students have widely reported that their participation in GSoC
made them more attractive to potential employers and that the program has
helped greatly when embarking on their technical careers.

For further information, please contact me,

andreas.hornig at aerospaceresearch.net
@andreashornig
https://twitter.com/ARDNnews/status/1240695336303128576