[nd] noisedroid status

Joe LaPenna jlapenna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 22:45:10 UTC 2009

Sorry for being slow on the reply. I will probably be around later this week
and I've started work on getting the calendar app google login free.

On Apr 23, 2009 1:14 PM, "Andy Isaacson" <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:

Quick status update -

The upstream Android repos build again (they were busted for few days or
maybe a week apparently due to Cupcake -> android.com merges).  I've got
Sunday's tip running on my dev G1 with the 2.6.27 msm kernel.

I figured out the last remaining significant User Experience problem
yesterday -- the Home and Call buttons didn't work.  Apparently this is
due to some complicated interaction with the framework, but the fix is
to run SdkSetup.apk, which sets some "Provisioned" bit on the home
screen application.  Or something like that.  Anyways, with that fix, I
believe we have an actually usable phone.  (It fixes a few other bizarre
misfeatures too; the "unlock screen" dialog works now.)

Tested features:
 * accelerated PixelFlinger
 * wifi (including WPA)
 * bluetooth (paired, haven't tried using it)
 * SD card access
 * Browser and ConnectBot over wifi
 * local contact storage
 * voice calls
 * Installing .apk's over USB with adb

Untested but should work:
 * data over 3G (my prepaid SIM doesn't provision data)

Untested and not expected to work:
 * Google account authentication (including contact syncing, gmail)
 * Google talk integration
 * App store

Not integrated:
 * multitouch support (got a git repo for me to pull from?)

Known bugs:
 * looks like camera is broken -- get a color preview, but clicking
  shutter gets a black screen.

I'd love to help others install it, at this point.  Unfortunately I'm
out of town this weekend.  Anybody up for rooting some retail phones on
Monday?

-andy