[nd] Android question

Anthony Di Franco di.franco at aya.yale.edu
Sat Aug 13 19:30:46 UTC 2011

The short answer is, read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capability-based_security

It's the single most unusual feature of android. It's why you've got an xml
file asking the operating system to pass your app references to things you
want to use.

Everything else is pretty standard from a unix / derivatives point of view
and Dalvik is basically a variety of java virtual machine. (Both of which
had some mainstream currency in 1999, but if you didn't know much about them
then read up on them and their architectures and fundamental ideas too.)