[Occupy-infrastructure] camp updates

Dana S. dsniezko at sonic.net
Thu Nov 3 05:32:12 UTC 2011

* Camp internet is improving and has been pretty stable. I picked up a new antenna pole and 2.4ghz omni from Monkeybrains on Monday, they're going to give me a few other things, are offering to donate equipment for an improved link between Salon and the Plaza. I'll update folks soon.

* I met this dude named Guy who wants to offer VOIP calls for free / donations at OccupySF. He's done it before and has some gear --- an analog telephone adapter, some different connectivity options, and a basic handset. If anyone has access to an old payphone it could be more fun, there are several sturdy places where we could mount it! He's staying in an orange couch-chair next to the library / communications / wifi tent.

* The new school tent is amazing!

* I was told there are several batteries at noisebridge. If anyone has the inclination to bring one or more down to the site that'd be great. The communications tent is usually the best place to drop them off.
- Dana