[Policy-Wonks] Jörgen Konwischer

Noisebridge Treasurer treasurer at noisebridge.net
Tue Jan 31 00:58:03 UTC 2012

I am sending him an email just asking if he ever paid dues. I think
these earlier cases of never-paid-dues are kind of a weird judgment
call.

In general, I think that we should make the most liberal judgments
possible with regards to membership expiry from before the new
consensus. That means that almost no one will expire for delinquency
until I contact them again and 2 months pass. But as far as membership
expiry for never having paid at all... The original consensus was that
you're not a member until you pay dues and there was no statute of
limitations on that. I think that although the previous consensus
didn't specify a time period, that 30 days is still really quite
liberal.  Thoughts on this?

There is one other consensed member who technically hasn't made a
payment since he was consensed but that's because he already had a
paypal subscription when he was consensed and it cancelled itself
(which paypal does) shortly before he was consensed. So I am acting as
if he had made a prior payment and going through the 2 month cycle
with him now that he's past due.

It's difficult to say what to do about Jorgen though because I am
fairly certain that he would not be able to get consensed again and
it's hard to not let that knowledge influence how I enforce these
guidelines.

My inclination is to say that I ultimately defer to consensus, and
since these members are edge cases, I'd prefer to bring each one up
for consensus again rather than make a judgement call that potentially
abuses my authority.

-Kelly