[Policy-Wonks] hiatus policy question

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 21:07:29 UTC 2012

I found this page, which appears to support our interpretation of the
previous consensus on a 3 month period of monthly contact prior to
membership expiry:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Membership/Membership_Team

This page discusses hiatus, but appears to have a very broad
definition of the uses of hiatus (which is more in line with how it is
actually used).

Meeting notes from that era which discuss hiatus include:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2009_03_31
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2009_04_14

The initial notes mention members leaving town as a reason for hiatus,
but the final consensus appears to be that hiatus can be taken for any
reason.

I will post to discuss about this. It looks like we should just take a
fresh consensus about what hiatus is and what its limits are.

-Kelly