[Powerstation-discuss] Occupy SF

Dana S. dsniezko at sonic.net
Wed Nov 30 00:08:31 UTC 2011

> Please advise your coms people to unplug wifi access point (the device
and power brick) if "the internet ain't working" on them.

This has been an ongoing issue, is not limited to wifi gear. When I was at
camp yesterday eight things were drawing from the battery, with only two
being used.

I've spoken with a lot of people about the need to conserve power but
unless someone is down there 24/7 it is challenging to get folks to heed
that advice. Maybe some kind of workshop would be useful?

Early in the occupation I hid a battery for wifi and that improved
reliability. I am strongly pressing for setting aside a dedicated battery
for: noisebridge internet box, a poe cable for new gear for salon link and
the led light strip. There's already a rubbermaid tub with holes cut in
it, it'd be easy to add chain and a lock, all the other batteries could be
used for whatever purpose or experiments people want to conduct  :)

- Dana