[Python] PyClass 2016 Launch & Syllabus - February 1 2016

Trent Robbins robbintt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 21:03:25 UTC 2016

Good Afternoon!

I am excited to announce the relaunch of Python Class on Monday February
1, 2016. The course is a six week sequence occurring every Monday. An
optional study group will meet another day. This is intended to be
organized by students and flexible based on students' availabilities.

The syllabus is as follows:
Week 1 - JSON & File Manipulation
Week 2 - String Extraction and Processing
Week 3 - The Phone Book Search Algorithm
Week 4 - Storing data with sqlite databases
Week 5 - Functions Omnibus
Week 6 - Flask Basics / what is a web application?

This year, we will try something new with PyClass. I have arranged a tight,
6-week syllabus designed to get the early intermediate Python coder up and
running with a breadth of exposure to simple, popular code patterns in the
Python programming language.

Every 8-10 weeks we will restart this syllabus. In between, there will be a
1-2 week break and a few freeform 'one-off courses' designed around
particular technologies.

Best and Happy 2016!

Trent Robbins

--