[Python] Anyone have experience with PostGIS and/or GeoAlchemy?

Monique Blake moniqueblake4 at gmail.com
Sat May 21 00:12:42 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay. Yes I'm stuck on something. So I have this pgloader
file and I create my Location column (which is currently of text datatype).
I wanted to make it into a point datatype and ran into an error when I
attempted to do so: Location geometry(point).
https://github.com/Munnu/Stroll-Safely/blob/master/csv_files/ny_final_csv.load

In my csv, which is somewhat too large to display the original, but here's
a small sample has the Location column written as "(40.6227027620001,
-73.9883732929999)":
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Munnu/Stroll-Safely/master/csv_files/unit_test_crime_data.csv

How can I make that field into a point type when I attempt to pgload it? I
know it's looking for something along the lines of point(40.6227027620001
-73.9883732929999) in order to work.

Thank you.