[Rack] Network Weirdness

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Apr 7 22:31:58 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Dr. Jesus's message of Wed Apr 07 15:23:27 -0700 2010:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
> > Excerpts from Jonathan Lassoff's message of Tue Apr 06 19:33:41 -0700 2010:
> >> I've heard a couple of complaints in-person and on-list about the
> >> network at 2169.
> >
> > Ok, I think I'm getting a better idea as to what's causing the WAN
> > network to suck harder recently.
> >
> > Since we switched the DHCP server to send leases to users to use the
> > soekris connected to monkeybrains, outbound traffic is no longer put
> > through classification, marking, and QoS policies (never got around to
> > implementing these on the new soekris. Doh!)
> >

> > If anyone's interested in some pf hackery, I hope to spend some time
> > fixing this up tomorrow (Thurs.) afternoon.
>
> It should be as simple as copying my changes to the pf.conf on the
> router going to the DSL circuit.  I could do it remotely if you could
> set me up with access to the router going to monkeybrains.  I'm not
> sure I'll be around on Thursday but there's a chance.

Agreed. The queuing rules we had setup seemed to work great.

I'm down at LAX at the moment, so I'm weary of fuxing anything up and
not being able to fix it.

We copied the ssh keys for root from r00ter when we set it up. If you
had a key on there, it should have come over. Inside IP is 172.30.0.2.

Alternatively, I can move over your authorized_keys from pony.

--j