[Rack] Our managed switches

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Apr 22 17:16:32 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Rubin Abdi's message of Thu Apr 22 00:29:24 -0700 2010:
> Jonathan Lassoff wrote, On 20100421 232728:
> > Which port is being problematic?
>
> Port 4 on Switch 3.

Ok, I enabled portfast on this port. What's connected? One of the
touchscreens?

There's an old Toshiba MAC on the port.

> So I think all this is valid, but I feel like some things that we're
> patching in should just be on a dummy switch like the one we had setup
> before, i.e. not mission critical stuff such as drops going into class
> rooms, the problematic touch panel, shit that could potentially get
> rebooted often.

Fair enough. Next time I'm in, I'll set that dumb switch back up and
uplink it to switch3.noise and enable port security on the port to
prevent loops (it's a configurable limit on the number of MACs it'll
learn out the port).

Cheers,
jonathan