[Rack] Opening up gaming ports

Robert Fletcher lobatifricha at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 18:51:42 UTC 2010

Salutations and greetings to our honorable Noisebridge ops team.

I have a quick question/request for you.  We've been organizing a video
gaming LAN party at Noisebridge on Saturday evenings for the past few weeks,
but we've been unable to access outside servers to tap into some larger
games.  I'm told by others who know more than I do that this could be
because UDP ports 27000-27050 (for Valve games) are blocked by our
firewall.  I was wondering if you might be able to open up those ports
and/or make any other changes to the network that would keep us from playing
online.  I'll be happy to drop in to help test settings one night this week
if that would be of any use to you.  Also, in case it's useful, we were able
to play online 3 weeks ago, but not for the past 2 weeks.

Thanks for your help, and if you play, our next session is Saturday the 21st
from 2pm to 7pm.
- Fletch

--
Robert T. Fletcher