[Rack] Opening up gaming ports

Robert Fletcher lobatifricha at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 20:19:25 UTC 2010

Thanks Jonathan,

While I might take issue with some of the arguments people have put forth
(our sessions have been anything but unsociable and distracting is a term
that can apply to a lot of things that go on at Noisebridge) I can see how
it doesn't necessarily fit the stated purpose of the space.  However,
Noisebridge has become a lot of things to a lot of people, a fair share of
which are equally outside the bounds of what has been written down, e.g.
having a movie server or DnD and Go on Sundays.  I'm not arguing against
them, only that NB is a lot bigger than what our bio page describes.  And it
happens to be the perfect place for a LAN party.  I think of it as research
for my future career as a video game developer.

All that being said, I was intending to talk with the attendees during the
next session to gauge their interest in maybe transitioning to a half and
half session of playing and developing games.  Maybe fill in some of the
areas not covered by the Unity class on Wednesdays.

I appreciate the help.  We've got a couple of network guys who play
Saturdays, so they can probably help sort this out.  I just wanted to make
sure we wouldn't be stepping on any toes before setting them loose.

Thanks,
-Fletch

--
Robert T. Fletcher