[Rack] 27C3 Streaming Bandwidth

Benny Baumann BenBE1987 at gmx.net
Sun Dec 26 21:59:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 21.12.2010, 14:09 -0800 schrieb Dr. Jesus:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Benny Baumann <BenBE1987 at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > In order to successfully stream the 27C3 event live into Noisebridge we
> > should consider registering the external IPs of Noisebridge (and maybe
> > also the Webserver as a relay) with the 27C3 team:
> >
> > http://events.ccc.de/2010/12/15/have-you-set-up-your-peace-mission-yet/#IPs
> >
> > Questions:
> > - Which IPs to register
>
> 75.101.62.88/29
Is this range registered already (details in the link above)?

> > - Which amount of bandwidth required?
>
> I don't know, but if it's inbound UDP traffic maybe 2 megabits would
> be reasonable.
According to the documentation in the 27C3 wiki it will be RTMP:
http://events.ccc.de/congress/2010/wiki/Documentation#Streaming

As multiple streams are available AND it's kinda regular that streams
break down priorizing all RTMP traffic might be an option, with highest
priority on the official streams which should originate in the 27C3
subnet.

> > - What other preparations necessary?
>
> I should probably modify the QoS rules on the routers to avoid
> interfering with anything else people are trying to use the circuit
> for, but it will probably work mostly alright if I don't.
If it doesn't people will complain anyway. ;-)

Okay, regarding other preparations:
As of 24th of Dec Patrick and I checked all (4) of the projectors if
they worked:
- 1 projector works fine without any notes
- 1 projector works fine but carries a note about its fan being broken.
We couldn't confirm this in our quick test as the fan worked properly,
but we did no long-term test regarding overheating
- 1 projector works fine but has 1/2 area(s) with vertical black lines.
If necessary this projector can be used to watch the streams, although
the vertical lines might irritate at first.
- 1 projector needs a new bulb, but seems to work fine otherwise.

The BIG SCREEN works fine too if some (unnamed) people could stop trying
to run remote shutdowns on that maschine (or otherwise I'll change the
login password or disable the shutdown command).

Regards,
BenBE.