[Rack] problems in Susan the Rack: two machines died

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sat Feb 27 21:10:55 UTC 2010

Hi Jim. Sorry to hear that your machines aren't working.

I'm certain we didn't removed your machine from the rack while moving
everything else in last week. And I can't think of any reason why there
would be physical damage to your machines. Either way I'm sorry if any
of my actions would have cause issues with your hardware.

As far as plugging it into the UPS goes, that might have been me or
Jason Spence just trying to connect whatever was there into the UPS
because from some crazy reason redundancy for those machines made sense
at the time. If the UPS puked bad power I'm pretty sure more hardware
then just yours would have croaked.

Anyhow, I would like to come in and help you debug your machines. I have
to wait at home tomorrow (Monday) for USPS to pick up a package, after
that I'll head down to Noisebridge. I could give you a ring when that
happens, or just swing by Tuesday sometime after 12:00. Please let me know.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net