[Rack] Flowers and a new list

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Jul 12 23:51:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 11:38:25AM -0700, Glen Jarvis wrote:
> http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons1/192/1922507/34_2009/8c593c7aae4340e5_fire-flowers.jpg

Such pretty pixels.

> Name of the list:
>     tastebridge
>
> The Email Address that should be list owner:
>     glen at glenjarvis.com

OK, created!  You should have an introductory email from Mailman.

The last time I read such an intro email it had a borken link, something
like   mailmanlistinfo -> mailman/listinfo   (a missing / in the URL),
so if you get a wiki error page instead of a Mailman login dialog,
that's probably the issue.  (And yes, I've tried to fix it, but I didn't
succeed.)

> A short description of what the list is about:
>     For those interested in using bacterial cultures to create tasty things.
> Current subjects include, but are not limited to, Kombucha, Yogurt, Kiefer,
> Fermenting Milk, and a honey drink (called cooler).

You can enter this in the web UI. You can also add people as additional
moderators (although you'll be listowner forever, I don't think you can
give away the listowner job without asking root).

> I can subscribe the following individuals (or you can -- whichever is
> easier):

I generally let people subscribe themselves but I think there's a web UI
for mass subscriptions if you want.  (BTW, rack@ is archived just like
noisebridge-discuss, so these names are public.)

-andy