[Rack] Flowers and a new list

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Tue Jul 13 00:08:59 UTC 2010

Thanks Andy.. Yeah, once I have access, it's a breeze.. I've done list
management for years.. (ad nauseaum).. My first was on so long ago I think
dirt was just forming...

With that said, watch me do something stoopid..

Anyhow, thanks for doing this!

Cheers,

Glen

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 11:38:25AM -0700, Glen Jarvis wrote:
> >
> http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons1/192/1922507/34_2009/8c593c7aae4340e5_fire-flowers.jpg
>
> Such pretty pixels.
>
> > Name of the list:
> >     tastebridge
> >
> > The Email Address that should be list owner:
> >     glen at glenjarvis.com
>
> OK, created!  You should have an introductory email from Mailman.
>
> The last time I read such an intro email it had a borken link, something
> like   mailmanlistinfo -> mailman/listinfo   (a missing / in the URL),
> so if you get a wiki error page instead of a Mailman login dialog,
> that's probably the issue.  (And yes, I've tried to fix it, but I didn't
> succeed.)
>
> > A short description of what the list is about:
> >     For those interested in using bacterial cultures to create tasty
> things.
> > Current subjects include, but are not limited to, Kombucha, Yogurt,
> Kiefer,
> > Fermenting Milk, and a honey drink (called cooler).
>
> You can enter this in the web UI. You can also add people as additional
> moderators (although you'll be listowner forever, I don't think you can
> give away the listowner job without asking root).
>
> > I can subscribe the following individuals (or you can -- whichever is
> > easier):
>
> I generally let people subscribe themselves but I think there's a web UI
> for mass subscriptions if you want.  (BTW, rack@ is archived just like
> noisebridge-discuss, so these names are public.)
>
> -andy

Cheers,

Glen
--
Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe