[Rack] request for fighting chance

jim jim at well.com
Sat Jun 19 02:30:18 UTC 2010

   today, friday 20100618, there was no access to
the internet. we looked at the wilderness in susan,
the rack, and could not discover a host that might
be a gateway. we looked in the DJ booth and it
seemed to us that no equipment was on (ergo no
gateway there).
   if we'd found a gateway host, what could we
have done? power it off and then on, I suppose.
   how to apply for a fighting chance to restore
internet access in the event that the gateway is
down? (would love access to the root account
along with info as to where, physically, the
gateway host is located. will cheerfully work for
privileges; would be glad to help improve the
neatness factor of the rack area.)
jim
415 823 4590 my cellphone, call anytime