[Rack] default gw doesn't work

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Mar 2 02:07:00 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Ian Atha's message of Mon Mar 01 17:44:16 -0800 2010:
> DHCP leases acquired through noisebridge or noisebridge-a hand out
> 172.30.0.2 as the default gw.

This is gorilla, the new router to route over the Monkeybrains link.
It's sitting on top of r00ter.

Maybe rubin or someone changed the DHCPD configuration to hand out this
address as the router?

> Although pony can ping that IP, no wireless client can. I don't know
> what that IP is and it looks like SSH is the only open port on it.
> Since wireless clients can't talk to it, wireless client have no
> connectivity.

Gah! I've got no idea why wireless clients can't reach this IP. Is it
just that they can't ping, or they can't resolve ARP as well?

> Can we fix this?

Ok, I set the dhcpd on r00ter to hand out 172.30.0.1 as the default
route again.
If we want to enable this for certain machines that need a
higher-throughput connection, we could place one-off config inside
/etc/dhcpd.conf on r00ter.

I'll be at noisebridge tonight, so I'll figure out why the L2 path from
wireless->gorilla isn't working.

--j