[Rack] Sonic fusion promotional pricing

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Tue Mar 2 22:45:55 UTC 2010

Sonic just mailed me and said they reduced the price for bonded Fusion
service.  We have a single, non-bonded Fusion circuit at 2169 now.
Right now we're paying about $100ish / mo for 18Mbps down / 1Mbps up.
The new rate for bonded Fusion service is $160 / mo for 18Mbps down /
2Mbps up, double the upstream capacity.

Is doubling the upstream capacity worth the extra $whatever a month?
The poor Tx queuing behavior seen by r00ter seems to have gone away
(there are still connectivity problems but I don't know of any
symptoms which aren't wireless related), but the 5MoF people have told
me they're still having problems with streaming video.

Jeffrey, exactly how much are we paying now?  Matt, did you commit to
a term when you signed the original agreement?