[Rack] default gw doesn't work

Ian Atha thatha at thatha.org
Tue Mar 2 02:39:53 UTC 2010

- ops (defunct)

Rubin: jof fixed it. Thank you for promptness and willingness.

Is dhcpd running on s1?

>> Although pony can ping that IP, no wireless client can. I don't know
>> what that IP is and it looks like SSH is the only open port on it.
>> Since wireless clients can't talk to it, wireless client have no
>> connectivity.
>
> Gah! I've got no idea why wireless clients can't reach this IP. Is it
> just that they can't ping, or they can't resolve ARP as well?

I plugged in a laptop onto the switch labeled "Noisebridge Network".
It couldn't get to gorilla over ethernet, either.

ARP does get resolved.

>From my laptop:
? (172.30.0.2) at 0:0:24:c0:fd:48 on en1 [ethernet]

>From pony:
? (172.30.0.2) at 00:00:24:c0:fd:48 [ether] on eth1

>> Can we fix this?
>
> Ok, I set the dhcpd on r00ter to hand out 172.30.0.1 as the default
> route again.
> If we want to enable this for certain machines that need a
> higher-throughput connection, we could place one-off config inside
> /etc/dhcpd.conf on r00ter.
>
> I'll be at noisebridge tonight, so I'll figure out why the L2 path from
> wireless->gorilla isn't working.

L3, I guess.