[Rack] AP1200s upgraded

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon May 17 05:18:54 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Dr. Jesus's message of Sun May 16 21:36:56 -0700 2010:
> I installed 12.3(8)JED1 on them.  Two of them have the 802.11A module
> installed, the third one doesn't.  They're ready to go into service
> once power supplies are found.  Matt reports that the original 48V
> power supplies aren't around, so to get them working we'll have to
> either find some 48V supplies or use PoE.

Awesome! Noisebridge will have a nice covering of APs. Being able to
increase the number of APs and placing them closer to clients will
reduce congestion over the air and increase users' throughput
(hopefully).

POE makes the most sense to me, however we keep finding use for one-off
injectors.
Would it be worthwhile to just cobble together a large 48V supply and
just patch it into the right pairs on the patch panel?