[Rack] To whoever put up the webcam in the server closet.

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sat Nov 13 04:18:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:
> Looking at the setup for a second time, the camera in question was
> hooked up to the machine with all the serial ports consoling into all
> the other machines.

This machine is called "ops". It's a little console server for the
servers and routers in there. Let me know if you want an account to
poke around with.

I don't think it was saving any pictures. There are some telling
entries in root's and vlc's command history. I think it was just being
setup to multicast video out to the network as a test.

vlc is no longer running. Maybe reconnect the camera to the computer
and just leave it pointed into a bucket or something until the system
is fleshed out.

Cheers,
jof