[Rack] static IP request

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue Nov 23 09:12:36 UTC 2010

Jake wrote, On 20101123 004502:
> Right now the machine is at 172.30.1.115 but since it's getting DHCP that
> is subject to change.  The machine is powered down when i'm not here,
> although that is something that will eventually change as the robot grows.

With current operating systems you can specify a static IP address that
remains for the most part persistent.

I would recommend setting up this device to work well within the space's
network, possibly writing a nice interface for it and some sort of
documentation on how to use it, before request a subdomain and a port
forwarding out to the real world.

Then again I am not the person to talk to about the domain which exists
only in a museum in Vienna.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net