[Rack] noisebridge.net offline?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sun Nov 7 01:39:27 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 11:52:39AM -0700, Dr. Jesus wrote:
> For those of you who don't know about it, Cernio has an IRC channel on
> Freenode where you can talk to their admins.  Monitoring it might
> allow you to determine why there's unexpected behavior of the
> Noisebridge VMs in case the regular admins aren't available or there
> are fewer of them around, like the situation we find ourselves in at
> the moment.

Um, yeah, #cernio is where I discussed the proposed VPS move with Graham
and the other Cernio volunteers, and where Leif coordinated the
Noisebridge end of things while I was in the air.

As far as I can tell, everything worked out fine (although Leif or I
should have sent a mail to rack@ and probably discuss@ before the outage
commenced so people knew it was in progress), except that the VPS move
didn't complete successfully, so we're still back on the old hardware.

Thanks for setting up smokeping et al, it's definitely useful for
monitoring network health.  Could you add me to the alerts for
noisebridge.net?

Thanks,
-andy