[Rack] Someone is slowing down the noisebridge network

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Wed Nov 17 03:49:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Jeff Tchang <jeff.tchang at gmail.com> wrote:
> So someone is slowing down the noisebridge network. Can anyone help me
> with access so I can kill their access (or at least figure out who it
> is so I can give them a stern talking to?)

I added Jeff to the authorized_keys file on r00ter and showed him how
to identify bittorrent users and kill them.

The underlying cause was that a visiting fellow from another
hackerspace was bittorrenting Family Guy.  I told him that we recently
got a DMCA takedown notice and that getting another one would be
annoying and unexcellent.  I also added the bittorrent thing to the
Guidelines page on the wiki and showed it to him.

Jeff has an idea that we could add something to the panels to help
deal with the bittorrent situation in a way that doesn't cause any
privacy concerns, so he's going to bring it up for discussion at the
meeting.