[Rack] static IP request

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Nov 24 02:32:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:
> BenBE helped today by coming up with the following commands:
> ifconfig wlan2 add 172.30.0.50 netmask 255.255.252.0 broadcast 172.30.3.255
> route add default gw 172.30.0.3

This looks correct to me. However, if we're going to be doing a
static, 1-to-1 NAT mapping with our Sonic.net address space it should
probably have a default gateway of 172.30.0.1 instead of .3 (this is a
floating IP between ISPs).

> What i would like next would be a way to ssh into the box (port 22) from
> the outside world.  This can be port-forwarding from an available port on
> a server already setup somewhere, but for minimal latency I look forward
> to earning the use of a dedicated static IP.

I'll be at noisebridge later tonight, and will see about making a
1-to-1 NAT mapping with a Sonic.net address.

Cheers,
jof