[Rack] Internet is borked

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Oct 26 01:25:36 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:
> jim wrote, On 20101025 162642:
>>    I'd be glad to interview knowledgeable personages
>> and write things up--brief, limited just to getting the
>> internet back up.
>
> Or we could all work towards making our existing network documentation
> better. :)
>
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Network
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Network_Troubleshooting
>
> Considering that most of our issues are related to human error, I think
> the best thing we can do is attempt to simplify the mess of cables and
> devices on the rack. Then again this is coming from someone who doesn't
> want to do shit about it all.

The "Network Troubleshooting" page that Rubin helped to put together
is pretty awesome. I think it covers a lot of the basic tasks people
can do if they want to troubleshoot why the 'tubes don't work.
Then again, I also know how to debug that stuff myself, so it's hard
for me to see where the documentation is lacking.

What do you think would be good to improve or add upon this
documentation? This is coming from someone that has a week free to
actually do shit about it all. :p

Cheers,
jof