[Rack] mailing list request.

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Oct 28 17:29:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:41:30AM -0700, miloh wrote:
> Hi, just writing to request new mailing list creating for the friends and
> organizers of the Noisebridge Computer Engineering/ Electrical Engineering
> lab.
>
> Name:  noiseCEEE-lab
> Owner email address:  froggytoad at gmail.com
> This mailing list is for friends and organizers of the Noisebridge
> electronics lab (aka 'NoiseCE/EE Lab') and its equipment.

Love the idea of the list!  This sounds great.

However, I don't much like the name "noiseCEEE-lab".  how about
ceeelab at lists or eelab at lists ?  I'm trying to limit redundancy in the
naming of our mailing lists, so noisefoo at noisebridge is too "noise"y.
In my opinion, of course.  Note that the name will be [Brackets] in your
Subject lines forevermore, so reducing the length makes it less
intrusive.

On a second tack, how is it pronounced?  "noise-see-lab" or
"noise-cee-e-e-e-lab" for your suggestion, or "see-lab" or "e-e-lab" for
my suggestions, are all difficult and/or ambiguous.  "e-e-lab" is
probably the easiest to pronounce and least ambiguous but it's also the
most inaccurate one (since we're primarily CEs with a little bit of EE
rather than mostly EEs).

I'm slightly inclined to go with "eelab" since it's the most inaccurate
but most pleasing -- and if a single phrase best describes noisebridge,
it might be "Inaccurate, but pleasing".

Thoughts?
-andy