[Rack] ops machine

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Oct 28 18:28:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Dr. Jesus <j at hug.gs> wrote:
> Sorry for the delay in getting back to you; yes, conserver would be great.
>
> One thing I wanted to do was have active polling of the router
> consoles so we could be alerted when someone unplugged them.  Is there
> a way to do that with conserver?

I haven't played with all the features. Nothing is jumping out at me,
though I suppose we can shove a CR down the pipe periodically and see
that we get back a login prompt. It'll fill the logs though.

I suppose if someone goes and unplugs it again and leaves it at a root
shell, it'll be clear when that's not in the logs.

I wonder if there's some non-printable characters I could use to
"ping" a getty...